Approximately 2.5 oz for orange and green, and 3.5 oz for grey camo.
5 inches x 3.25 inches; packed individually in a Ziplock bag.
Our ponchos are made of thick 26-micron mylar which makes them very durable. Most regular emergency blankets are only 12-micron. When taken good care of, most customers get at least 2 uses out of them. Simply fold the poncho up after use and it will be ready for the next event. In a rougher environment, customers use it one-time only.
Definitely! I am a bigger guy 6.3' 300# and I have plenty of room. You will love it!
Yes, each poncho is individually packaged in a Ziplock bag about the size of a deck of cards (5 x 3.25 inches) for easy storage.
Yes, it will, however having some layer of clothing will greatly improve the comfort as the clothes add insulation to keep the reflected heat in.
Folded: 5 inches height x 3.25 inches width
Open/spread out: 46 inches height (hood to bottom) x 49 inches width (sleeve to sleeve)
Neck to bottom is 34 inches; Hood to bottom is 46 inches.
They are notably quieter than a regular emergency mylar blanket. The thickness of our ponchos makes the material much quieter.
Yes. Moreover, if your goal is heat retention, I suggest that the silver side is inside to retain up to 90% of body heat, keeping you warm and safe. If your goal is to increase your visibility, you can wear the silver reflective side out.
No. Please check this 30-minute continuous burn test video as proof:
1. Make sure that the rope end is completely frayed.
2. Place the front end of the Survival Torch on the ground or a solid surface so the rope is bent up and sparks will be directed to the frayed end, and the solid surface gives you additional support while scraping the ferro rod.
Our 36-inch fire starter rope is infused with a nontoxic and safe proprietary blend of wax substances. This blend provides water resistance for the rope, and fast hot ignition from a spark. Replacement ropes are now available. Sold separately.
1. If you are having trouble re-inserting the rope, you can cut or trim the rope end to get rid of loose strands.
2. Twist the rope end. The wax in the rope will maintain the twisted shape and re-inserting would be easier.
We recommend purchasing our replacement rope refill as you will need to remove the rope from the housing at 15cm. At that time, you can cut the 15cm remainder into smaller pieces and use it as fire tinder.
Yes, the wax-infused rope will last for many years as in a regular candle wick.
You can download it here:
The PREPARED4x Professional-grade Survival Compass features:
-Glow-in-the-Dark Degree Dial and Markings
-Sighting & Signaling Mirror
-2X Magnifying Lens
The Prepared4x 550 Paracord Neck Lanyard includes:
-35+ feet of 550 Paracord
-9 survival strands inside the paracord (cordage, fire tinder cord, fishing line)
1. The lanyard is made from 35+ feet of 550 paracord. In emergency situations, you can also open up the paracord to reveal 9 strands installed inside its length– so you’re prepared for anything.
-7 strands you can use as cordage to help tie supports for a shelter, make a bow drill, make trap trigger, lash materials together for ease of portage, and many more.
-1 fire tinder cord
-1 fishing line
2. With Emergency Whistle
3. With Fire Starter/ Flint and Steel on the buckle
Separate the buckle. Use the steel striker on one side to initially scrape the black paint off the small ferro rod on the other side until the shiny raw material is exposed. Use the striker to scrape the ferro rod to produce sparks. The paracord has 9 strands inside including one fire tinder cord.
Yes. The compass is liquid-filled.
Yes, it does.